à la Century, served on New York Central's 20th Century Ltd.
1 cup crushed seasoned bread crumbs
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 whole chicken breast, skinned and boneless
2 slices boiled ham
2 slices American or Swiss cheese
½ cup melted butter or margarine
1. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese on flat dish.
2. Cut chicken breast in half. Pound flat.
3. Place one slice of ham and cheese on flattened chicken
breast. Fold chicken around the ham and cheese and secure with a
toothpick. Repeat process for second chicken breast.
4. Dredge chicken in crumb mixture and place in a baking dish.
5. Sprinkle the remaining bread crumbs over the chicken breasts
and drizzle with melted butter.
6. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for approximately one hour, or
until juice runs clear and crumb mixture is browned.